The Daiwa Legalis LT2500D Spinning Reel
The Daiwa Legalis LT2500D Spinning Reel is an excellent companion if you’re fishing trout, bass, perch, or crappies. Smooth and sleek, it’s a pleasure to cast.
This elegant spinning reel, with its blunt, modern look, has many design and engineering features, and yet, it is moderately priced.
The LT body, light and tough, is made from a carbon-based composite, that is much lighter than conventional materials. This makes the LT body more durable, with a greater strength-to-weight ratio. This reel is lighter and much easier to handle over the course of a long day of fishing.
Their spool design features the Advanced Ballistic System, ABS. This technology uses a reversed taper to pay out line in bigger loops to reduce outgoing friction and increase casting distance.
The oversized spool holds more line and can exert more pressure on a hooked fish.
The Air Rotor and Air Bail are also of carbon composite design, making them lighter and stronger, than conventional designs.
6 ball bearings and 1 roller bearing give it a very smooth operation.
State-of-the-art technical, and design features, and a modest price, make The Daiwa Legalis LT2500D spinning reel, a stand-alone champion, in today’s competitive market.
The Daiwa Legalis LT2500D Features include:
- carbon light material housing housing
- ABS spool, advanced ballistic system
- machined aluminum handle
- air rotor and air bail
- 6 bearing system, 5 ball bearings and 1 roller bearing
- the 1000D, 2500D, 3000D, AND THE 4000D all have 5.2 to 1 gear ratios
AIR ROTOR DESIGN
- its lightweight durable carbon body
- air bail and air rotor
- 6 bearing system
- Digi gear drive system
- right and left retrieve
- 5.3 to 1 gear ratio
- line per handle turn: 29.6 inches
- weight: 7.2 ounces
- line capacity, ( lb. test/yard ), mono, 8#/240, 10#/210 … J-Braid, 10#/250, 15#/ 185
- maximum drag: 22 pounds
model number: LGLT2500D
product dimensions: 12.95 x 8.89 x 12.95 cm
How to Describe your Daiwa Spinning Reel
- Series: Reel Name, e.g. Legalis
- Model Number: for example, LGLT2500D
- Size: 1000 to 6000
- Spool: Normal Spool, Deep Spool(D), Shallow Spool (S)
- Body: Normal Body, Compact Body (C)
- Gears: P: 0 to 4.9 to 1, and 5.0 to 5.4 to 1 … H: 5.5 TO 5.9 to 1, … XH: 6.0 to 1 +
Some Thoughts on the Daiwa Legalis LT2500D
The Legalis LT2500D is an excellent spinning reel for trout, perch, and crappies. It can even hold its own with stubborn well-muscled carp.
Precise gearing and its slick design make this reel a pleasure to own and the right tool for the task at hand.
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, on this Daiwa spinning reel, I would be happy to hear from you. What reel models do you fish with? Are you loyal to a brand, or are you out for the best bang for your buck? You can leave your comments in the space below to continue this conversation.