The Benefits Of Being Outdoors
- It may be a beautiful , sunny day . Walking , running or simply relaxing outdoors will expose you to the wonderful rays of the sun . The sun’s warmth and energy has no equal . Think Vitamin D .
- It may be raining . What an opportunity to try out those new boots or that new umbrella . Be grateful for the water we drink , the water that keeps us clean , and the water we use to grow our crops and produce our food .
Country Or City
- If you live in the country , walking will introduce you the many sounds of birds , insects and other wildlife . Soon you will be able to recognize many different species by the sounds they make or the songs they sing .
- If you live in the city , there are many lakes , beaches and parks to visit . Aquariums , Science Exhibits , Archives and Museums offer endless hours of study and exploration .
- Play Sports . Badminton , Volleyball , Basketball and Frisbee … the list is endless .
- Walk with your children , walk with your parents , walk as a family .
- Meet your neighbors . Meet the people on your street . Start the conversation , you may be surprised . Many of them will answer back , and very often in a friendly way .
- People are less stressed when they are away from the hustle and bustle of work and enjoying the serenity of their homes and neighborhoods .
- Gardening is a form of Natural Meditation and a wonderful way to meet new people . People will talk all day about their gardens . Walking down any quite street will almost always expose you to a garden or a gardener .
- Being outdoors will have you , at the least Walking , which is perhaps the Best form of exercise known .
- Now that you are Outdoors , Walking in the sunshine , enjoying Nature with the song birds for company , what a nice opportunity to review your New Year’s Resolutions . Come to think of it … Exercise was on the top of your list … funny thing is … your doing it right now ! … and it doesn’t even hurt one bit …